Sunday, April 10, 2005

Life is a cabaret old chum,

I recently received an email from an old friend, someone I hadn't heard from in ages.

Anyone familiar with my work will know about my "think tank" days. Naturally, I made a number of acquantiances through this network of minds. And yet, as time dissolves into a branching prism of moments, we do not always remain "in touch" with all the people who make our moments.

In any case, I was delighted to hear this voice from the past.

"I am finding the nightlife a little challenging. The stench of - to be honest, I'm not sure I really want to know - the stench we live with, the murders, the traffic, the general chaos. It can be lucrative, yes. But I just feel we could be doing so much more.

"But anyways, I digress. You may have wondered what has become of [NAME DELETED] - well I owe you $300! You called that one."

It can be remarkable, how our pasts create our presents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home